On 9/13/23 19:57, tda...@arizona.edu wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply. My issue is this:

Server A has two OUs, call them ou=A and ou=B. Server B has two OUs, ou=A
(empty) and ou=C. I want to copy the data from ou=A on server A to ou=A on
server B. There are no ou=B entries in the export file from server A and for
the import task I add to server B, I set this attribute:
nsExcludeSuffix: ou=B

When this task runs, it populates ou=A on server B but also completely deletes
OU=C
Any way around this?
Except Mark's suggestion the only option I can think of would be to create dedicated backend/suffix for ou=A, ou=B and ou=C.

If you plan to do frequent export/import or even setup replication that could be an option.

regards
thierry

Thanks for the additional info on the other question, I guess my problem is
that I don't understand the significance of entry USNs at all in 389 server, so
I'm not sure how to deal with them in general and especially when it comes to
instance migration.
Do not reply to spam, report it: