Hi Chip,

You can ignore an orphaned blob.  It is just a saved-outside-the-record field
that lost its parent.  I don't think it causes any problem.

To fix an orphaned blob run Repair, twice.  If you go into MSC and Repair it
will say "Anomalies Detected".  Repair again and it will be fixed.

First, for your your Index error, try re-writing all records in the table with
something like
All Records
Apply To Selection(field1:=field1)

Does this help?