Hey All,

Using 4D v15r2 standalone Macintosh (Yes I have a license one 4D View (4D View
Pro is native 4D behavior)), read the docs, reviewed any and all examples of
listbox edit/enterable in Nabble...

I am using Object Arrays in list boxes (single selection mode) dynamically
built from a LB with zero columns.

Currently I am just playing with the examples in the docs under the section
“Using object arrays in columns (4D View Pro)”. Just placing the listbox on a
form and dynamically building them using the 4D sample code examples and
displays correctly.

The docs say that based upon the valueType 4D uses various default widgets
(probably where 4D View Pro comes in) i.e., "text" is displayed as a text input
widget, a "boolean" as a check box, and so on. The UI part appears to work
nicely. As for actual editing...

The drop downs, popups, Boolean are changeable in the Column (although I have
yet to work on code to make th changes back to the array). But, and this is
where I am looking for help, text and numeric values are not editable.

I have tried setting the column to be editable using OBJECT SET ENTERABLE and
EDIT ITEM and Option click, Option+.

For example:

EDIT ITEM(colVar_p->;row)

But neither seems to work.

I know the column pointer ‘colVar_p‘ is correct because if I use this code

OBJECT SET VISIBLE(colVar_p->;False)

It is in fact hidden.

And the variable ‘row’ has the correct cell number.

In fact I have added another column that is just an array of text values and I
cannot change it into an edit mode either? So is there something about having
an object array in a listbox...?

So I am missing something? Is there a command I need to set as I am building it
dynamically?

Does anyone else have any experience working with object arrays in list boxes?

Any tips or tricks necessary? And code examples specific to handling object
arrays in columns in list boxes?

Appreciate,
John…