On Oct 14, 2016, at 2:00 PM, Rafael Escoté Climent wrote:

> one of our old customers just migrated their 4d client OS systems (they were
> using Windows 98 or Windows 7, i’m not sure)
> to Windows 8.x
> They discovered that our old client/server app (developed in 4D v11 years
> ago…)
> is now presenting the reports on a very, very tiny, small  font!!
> (unreadeable!)
> Any ideas?
> Any known uncompatiblity of 4D v11 reports on Windows 8?

it is a known issue with v11 and v12. 4D v13 fixes the problem.

So you have 2 choices:

1. Upgrade to v13 or higher and it will fix the problem

2. Make changes to your forms to make the fonts bigger so they are readable on
Windows 8 and Windows 10. Of course your Windows 7 users will now complain
because for them the font size will be too big. I have seen a few posts where
some developers worked around this by adding program code to change the font
sizes of items on the form to a bigger size when running on Windows 8.

Tim Nevels
Innovative Solutions