Hi,

What are the best configurations for 4 GB of ram and what for 8 Gb of ram?

Thanks
Ferdinando

Il 04/11/2016 20:00, 4d_tech-requ...@lists.4d.com ha scritto:
Message: 2
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2016 10:37:41 -0400
From: Chip Scheide<4d_o...@pghrepository.org>
To: 4D iNug Technical<4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
Subject: RE: Progressive slow

Dennis -
I agree with you on the memory issue.

However, the initial question was/is:
Why are searches quick(er?) after a restart and slow down after some
period of server up time.
This is not/should not be a client side issue - it is most likely a
cache issue...

However there is one other thing that no one has pointed out -
it could be that OP's 4D code has a memory leak - i.e. the code is
using memory for some action(s) and NOT releasing that memory back to
4D/system.  This could also causes a restricted memory issue which
could force 4D to start using the disk (virtual memory/paging) during a
query.

To fix this problem (memory leak) will require some code analysis, and
likely some time.
To insure that memory is returned (and yes I know 4D does a much better
job at this now).
clear the following items at the end of a process, if not when the code
is finished using it.
(local arrays are supposed to be cleared automagically).
- arrays (set to size zero or clear variable)
- sets (clear set)
- named selections (clear named selection)
- Lists (hierarchal especially) and Transient lists (created by Array
to list) - Clear List, be sure to clear all levels of an hierarchal
list)
- selections
- turn off On Err call, On event call