On 1 Dec 2016, at 10:26, Peter Jakobsson <li...@netkelvin.com> wrote:

>  You need to use a pointer to get total consistency.

Just for clarification, there is nothing wrong with C_OBJECT($1) per se.

I’m only talking about the case where we want to manipulate a variable in the
calling method. i.e. the cases when one would normally use a pointer with all
other data types. Inthose cases I’m saying it appears more reliable to use a
pointer for objects as well and not rely on this “new” behaviour.

Also, using $0 to get the result back to the calling method works fine as well.

Peter

(Sorry for the double-posting "spam").