If the event doesn't fire automatically, I am not aware of anyway to
get it fire.
However, if you use a coding structure like the following, you can
'fake it', then you can 'trigger' a form event by simply calling the
method with the desired form event.

do stuff to change selection
lstbox_Manager(On Selection Change)

where, lstbox_Manager is a method called by the listbox with the form
event as a parameter, and the following fake code gives you an idea of
what the lstbox_Manager might do.

Lstbox_Manager
$Form_Event:=$1
case of
:($Form_event= ON Double Clicked)
   do stuff
:($Form_event= ON Drag Over)
  do drop validation

:($Form_event= ON Drop)
  add dropped data to listbox
  lstbox_Manager(On Selection Change)

:($Form_Event= On Selection Change)
  Do related record loading (or whatever)
end case

On Wed, 08 Feb 2017 09:46:16 -0500, Jeremy French wrote:
> When programmatically changing the selection (in a listbox or Write
> Pro area, for example), is there a way to generate an "On Selection
> Change" form event for the object whose selection changed?
>
> For example, assume:
>
> 1) Array Listbox
> 2) "On Selection Change" event check-marked
> 3) Listbox displaying multiple rows
>
> Then a button object method executes the following:
> --
> GOTO OBJECT(*;"edit_listboxA")
> LISTBOX SELECT ROW(*;"edit_listboxA";1;lk replace selection)
> --
>
> QUESTION --- Is it possible to get the listbox's "On Selection
> Change" form event to trigger, after programmatically changing the
> listbox's selection?
>
> Using:
> v16R2
Gas is for washing parts