On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 11:55 PM, G-Mail via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
wrote:

> There is lots of decisions we made for our purposes, and there are
> different ways to do things for sure. We had to meet various security
> regulations therefore we changed some of the ways we did things over the 20
> or so years that we had built it. Of course new technologies came along too
> that permitted us to change that up.
>
> Is there something specific that you are wanting to discuss?

What I do is not pass the file to client when record is loaded, it is moved
to client only if needed. For example, if the file is an image, only
thumbnail is part of record and moved to client, the file is transferred
only if user wants to see image in original quality. There is a latency (I
saw a 100MB inserted) that requires a user feedback and error handling.
Then there are more complex cases, when user wants to edit file in external
app etc.

--

Peter Bozek