Chip,
I'm generally a big fan of writing really lean code but in a case like this
I'd put the date value into a variable first.

If it still gives inconsistent results I'd do go to the user mode and call
up the IP user set, the one that gives you all 46 records. Do apply to
selection and set the date field for all of them. Then do the query again.
If it works as expected the issue is something about the data. I bet that's
going to be the thing.

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 2:44 PM, Chip Scheide via 4D_Tech <
4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

> I have a query being run
> Query([table];$Query_Field-> = Date(s_Search_Start))
>   $Query Field is [table]Sent_Date (a date field)
>   s_Search_Start = "02/27/17"
>
> If I run the query (in code) the result is 46 records.
> In debugger
> Creating an interprocess set, and using the set in the 'user
> environment' to see all records
> Shows 46 records, with 1 record which has a Sent_Date value of 2/28/17
> !!!
>
> If I run the query editor in the 'user environment', I get 45 records,
> and the above reference record with a date of 2/28/17 is (correctly)
> not found.
>
> I have even tried re-signing the date to the date field on the one
> 2/28/17 record - incase there was something "weird"  no change
>
> I have deleted the index (both by hand, and by code) and added it back.
> Flushed the buffers to insure the change to the index and data are on
> disk.
> I have now run MSC verify (all OK) and the compacted the datafile (just
> to be sure)
>
> The anomalous result still persists...
> Any Ideas at all?
>
> Thanks!