We’ve been using 4D InternetCommands for many years to connect to SMTP servers
directly and send emails out of our database.

In the last few years it’s been getting harder and harder to keep up with the
various security requirements of different servers.

The most recent issue is that a customer has started having his emails go to
his Spam folder when the emails have him set as a CC recipient so that his
Outlook has an email trail for him.

The bad part is that his customers are having his emails go to their spam
folder as well, so they don’t get his quotes.

We just spent a lot of time yesterday testing with his Exchange server, and we
can create the exact same email in Outlook and send it with him as the sender
and a CC recipient with no problem.

Try sending it from our database with him as the sender and any recipient (TO
or CC or BCC) and it goes to Spam in Outlook.

It seems to be something without Outlook because when he sends them to one of
our addresses, they don’t go to spam.

They only solution we have found is to have him call his recipients and make
sure they whitelist his domain in their email application.

I looked at the mail headers and nothing is obvious as to what is causing
Outlook to see these as Spam.

Anyone have clues why this has started happening. He says after the last update
of our software (way back in August), but we haven’t changed this code in a
couple years, so we may be victim to a coincidental upgrade in Exchange or
something. Hard to say.

Just trying to find a way to prevent this from happening.

Any ideas?

Randy

Randy Jaynes
Senior Programmer and Customer Support