I’m not looking to identify all duplicates. I want to know what unique data
might be on a disk labeled “backup"…. To determine this the software (rsync?)
must query an index of ALL specified drives where the original pathname may be
very different for each an every file. Can rsync perform the equivalent of a
Finder query for each and every file on the source drive (the drive labeled
“Backup”)?  The goal is to not recycle a disk unless it is confirmed that all
files are represented elsewhere. Does that clear things up?  I’m not aware of
any utility that offers this feature.

Robert