Alright, I got it. I was playing with a couple of datepicker widgets and
the CSS for the jQuery datepicker is the culprit. Not sure why - aside from
complaining about using IDs in selectors the CSS linters I pasted it in
didn't flag anything else. However, when it's in the page the error occurs
and when it's out it doesn't. Which is fine because I abandoned the jQuery
datepicker anyway.

Thanks Justin and Lee.

--
Kirk Brooks