Every time I add some automatic process on the server, I wonder whether there
is either

a. some built-in functionality for this that I have completely missed
or
b. a component that can be easily integrated to add this functionality

It’s easy enough to just start a process that does what is necessary, but to do
it simply requires a different process for each kind of schedule (i.e. every 5
minutes, once per day), and isn’t very elegant. Building/testing my own code to
do this sensibly doesn’t make sense for just this one system.

Jim Crate