Hi Julio,

Not a stupid question at all! The hex string representation is simply the way
this reader has decided to encode and transfer the RFID number. The actual RFID
number has to be interoperable with other systems that expect it in the
“regular” format. Also, users will sometimes hand enter the number which is
printed on the tag and that would be in the “regular” format as well and would
need to match what is in the database.

The real question is why this particular RFID reader has decided to encode the
number in this way when every single reader I’ve dealt with in the past decade
all do it the same “regular” way. Sigh.

--
Cannon.Smith
Synergy Farm Solutions Inc.