Tim,

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 12:14 PM, Tim Nevels via 4D_Tech <
4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

> I’m curious why you want to “read” a UUID? I can’t read one and remember
> it with or without lowercase characters. It’s just too long.

​Well, we all seem to have our favorite little data fetishes...

My use of UUIDs is primarily for primary keys. And in those situations
> where I need to do some debugging
> ​...

​Me too. And I couldn't remember one to save. But sometimes I look at an ID
field in record A then glance over to something else to verify things
happened the way I wanted them to. And in that instant I'm really looking
at the first or last few characters. Lowercase chars mixed with numbers
have more distinctive patterns than when it's all uppercase. ​

--
Kirk Brooks
San Francisco, CA

*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do
nothing.*

*- Edmund Burke*