Tim:

There were delays in the code - for whatever reason, the original programer
(not Brad!) had delays of up to 15 seconds in some of processes.

I thought of kicking this out to multiple processes but that's involved.
The data has to follow a strict FIFO sequence so I'd have to examine the
BLOB's to ensure that sequence was followed. I can modify the metadata so
that I can avoid sequencing errors but if I modify how the data is encoded,
I'm leaning toward swapping out the BLOB code for JSON-ish code and seeing
what kind of throughput I get.

Per my email to Randy, server horsepower is a contributing factor so
perhaps this is a good reason for the client to upgrade their server and
see what benefits we get.

--
Douglas von Roeder
949-336-2902