4D v13.4 Server. Runs on an iMac. I access via Teamviewer as they are 4 time
zones away.

The entire machine froze today. Blamed on 4D of course, although there are a
couple of other programs running, etc.

52.78Gb datafile, 2.43 Gb index file.

When they restarted, it was rebuilding some indexes. There was a complaint that
it was slower. So, tonight, I ran diagnostics, and all data and indexes are
fine. I trashed the index file and let the server rebuild them. Then I hit and
restart it. There are some procedures that run on the server at night (or when
the server restarts) to build their appointment grid for the following day. I
saw a 4D window come up I’ve never seen before when the grid build procedure
started - ‘Index Scanning’ (or was it ‘Scanning Indexes’) with about 190k pages
listed.

What is it and should I be concerned?

Bob McKeever                      http://www.mswl.com <http://www.mswl.com/>
McKeever's Software Wizardry