Please don't cry, Bernd :)
I think you have slightly misunderstood ST SET PLAIN TEXT. In this context
PLAIN TEXT means *unformatted*, rather than *unstyled*. In other words, ST
SET PLAIN TEXT inserts text into whatever styling is already in place. So
to remove the bold, you would need to change the style.

I would liken it to using Style Sheets in a regular word processing
program. You've applied a style to some text, and then you've added more
text without changing the style.

I am still trying to get my head around the way 4D Write Pro handles text
styling. Take a look at Bookmarks
http://doc.4d.com/4Dv16/4D/16/Accessing-document-contents-by-programming.300-3051923.en.html
and Attributes
http://doc.4d.com/4Dv16/4D/16/WP-SET-ATTRIBUTES.301-3048101.en.html

HTH
Pat

On 29 May 2017 at 16:18, Bernd Fröhlich via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
wrote:

> (First mail was truncated, so here I go again)
>

> I am doing lots of work with 4D Write and really like it.
>
> Now I am trying to take my first babysteps with 4D WritePro (V16.1).
> Unfortunately I am falling down at each little step so far and need a
> grown-up to help me before I start crying really loud.
>
> What I did a lot in 4D Write is to create documents/reports/etc. in
> methods, e.g.:
>
> $lArea:=WR_InitArea
> WR SET FONT ($lArea;"Lucida Grande")
> WR SET TEXT PROPERTY ($lArea;wr font size;14)
> WR INSERT TEXT ($lArea;"Title\r\r")
> WR SET TEXT PROPERTY ($lArea;wr font size;12)
> WR INSERT TEXT ($lArea;"Some plain text")
> WR SET TEXT PROPERTY ($lArea;wr bold;1)
> WR INSERT TEXT ($lArea;"Some bold text")
> WR SET TEXT PROPERTY ($lArea;wr bold;0)
> WR INSERT TEXT ($lArea;"Some more plain text")
>

> First try in WritePro:
>
> $oArea:=WP New
> ST SET TEXT($oArea;"<SPAN STYLE='font-weight: bold'>Line 1\r</SPAN>";ST
> End text)
> ST SET PLAIN TEXT($oArea;"Line 2";ST End text)
>
> I would expect that gets me a document with "Line 1" in bold and "Line 2"
> in plain.
> What it actually does is giving me 2 bold lines.
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> text-decoration: underline is not working at all.
>
> Next question:
> How do I set up a default font size and style?
> Or do I really have to tell WP all those information with every SET TEXT
> command?
> That seems overly complicated.
>
> I read through the sparse documentation for hours but that confuses me
> more than it helps.
>
> Thanks for any hints.
>
> Greetings from Germany,
> Bernd Fröhlich

CatBase - The Database Publishing Solution
tel: +44 (0) 207 118 7889
w: http://www.catbase.com
skype: pat.bensky