Using v 13.5 ...

I have a modal dialog which displays info from [Table A] and contains a
pop-up menu listing items form [Table B]. Sometimes it is necessary to
modify a [Table B] record, or add a new one, within that dialog. So we
change the window size (if necessary), find the record to be edited, or
create a new one, edit it and then either Save or Cancel, then resize the
window back to what it was (if necessary) and redisplay the original [Table
A] form. For the most part this works fine. However in some circumstances
the Save or Cancel from the second form "bleeds through" to the first one
and the dialog window closes. We have to have an ACCEPT or CANCEL in the
second form otherwise it won't unload.

Specifically, if a [Table B] record is edited - no problem. But if a new
[Table B] record is created and then edited - without saving the [Table A]
record first - then we have the bleed-through problem.

Note that when a new [Table B] record is added in this way, it's saved
before it can be edited - so it isn't a new record when it is edited. I
can't figure out why this behaves differently for a newly added record! Any
ideas?

Thanks
Pat

CatBase - The Database Publishing Solution
tel: +44 (0) 207 118 7889
w: http://www.catbase.com
skype: pat.bensky