Not sure about the authenticate but what I do is use multiple processes to
send out. There is the added work to keep track of what has gone out and
divide the selections for each process but it does enable one to send out
faster.

Note also that your outgoing email server may have a maximum of emails it
allows per second. Also do not think that if you have 10 processes your
emails will go out 10 times faster. I have not timed it but there seems to
be a diminishing returns depending on the total number of emails to send.

I generally have a maximum of 5,000 emails per process when there are more
than 20,000. I keep the number of processes under 10 and generally only need
4 or 5.

Cheers

Jim Labos - infobase

-----