4D v16.1 HF1 32-bit on macOS 10.11 & 10.12, interpreted and compiled

Calling HIDE PROCESS also stops that process from running. However, the process
status does not show as paused; calling RESUME PROCESS also has no effect.
Calling SHOW PROCESS will show the process and resume it on the next line of
code after HIDE PROCESS. Using the "Bring to Front” or “Show" buttons in
Runtime Explorer will also resume it.

I cannot reproduce this in a test database, and I don’t see any relevant
compatibility options. Anyone have any ideas where to start figuring this out?

Jim Crate