Robert

I have not looked at your report at all.

Two things spring to my mind.

1) if the report could be produced in excel could you not use ODBC to extract
the data from 4D(Not my prerered option  but it it should be feasible)

2) More practically(and something i did recently). Could you not create a
template in Excel(nice headers and all that bananas). and then inject the data
into it from 4D(this is not actually complicated especially on OSX as you can
use LEP)…i recently had something i was converting where the users told me that
‘it used to make the document into an excel document..i mean on oS9..and nobody
has done anything to fix it! I wrote some code to put the columns and rows into
an excel document-i pick up an existing template in which widths etc are
already set and fill the rows(pretty snappy too). I did not bother about how to
get say a totals column on the template to automatically be updated because it
was not in the scope of what i was doing but i believe that should be possible.

For anyone interested here is the (pretty agnostic) code i used-it-i think its
pretty straigthforward reading.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6dyd0uk6m2u6mx0/TabDeltoXL.txt?dl=0

If you are on OSX