not really following this thread but...

if compacted-ness is primary.
JSON, TSV, whatever text format
save to disk
zip (using 7zip or whatever) via LEP
document to blob

access to the data is not easy, you may need to create a searchable set
of keywords (or something)
but that would give most compressed data storage (inside 4D)

or...
ignore the document to blob command, and just track the file(s) on disk.

On Tue, 11 Jul 2017 13:41:40 -0700, Lee Hinde via 4D_Tech wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 3:10 AM, David Adams via 4D_Tech <
> 4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:
>
>> * Use a header object that describes the 'columns' and then use compact
>> JSON arrays for the data. Rob Laveaux reminded me about this option some
>> months back and it's a really decent compromise.
>>

> That seems like a good option - it's the same, mostly, as a TSV/CSV. But it
> seems like JSON isn't appropriate for your storage needs (compactness
> trumps all), irrespective of how 4D stores it internally.
Gas is for washing parts
Alcohol is for drinkin'
Nitromethane is for racing