it seems this view just keeps coming up...

I think it is important to understand that 4D didn't look at JSON and implement
it as Object and Array Object, doing a really bad job at it, as it were, no, it
happened the other way round... Object and Array Object were implemented first,
and then JSON was chosen as a practical way to stringify these new native data
types. as such, it should not come as a surprise at all that not every JSON can
be converted to a 4D Object or Object Array. I am sorry if the documentation or
marketing material or presentation or some other form of communication gave the
wrong impression, but Object and Array Object are not "4D's way of supporting
JSON".