From the conversation about converting images we saw this method header:

If (True)
        If (False)
        Begin SQL
        /*
        Name: UTIL_ConvertPICTs

        Purpose: Convert all PICT formatted images in the
        Picture Libraray to .PNG images

        The v13.2 or later 4D Pack Plugin must be installed to use this method

        */
        End SQL
        End if
        C_TEXT($MethodName_T)
        $MethodName_T:=Current method name
         //===================== Declare Variables
==================================
         //method_parameters_declarations

//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
         //method_wide_constants_declarations

//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
         //local_variable_declarations
        C_LONGINT($Ndx;$SOA;$RIS;$PictRef_L)
        C_TEXT($PictName_T)
        C_PICTURE($Pict_G)
        C_POINTER($Pict_P)
End if

I can suss two things out of this. One is the  "If (false)" bit at the top so
you can do all kinds of things that break cross-referencing in the name of not
running code.

In this case it’s ‘protecting’ a Begin/End SQL which is being used because the
construct allows you just type things with out having to comment your comments
out.

But, why wrap the whole thing in if (True)?