the old "standard" of:
If (false)
  // block of comments
end if

is outdated for a variety of reasons
- it started because it made interpreted code faster - as the
interpreter would try to 'execute' each line of comment. This was on
Motorola 680xx/Intel x86 processors running at a few 10s to a few
hundred mhz.
- the if (false) construct breaks the current implementation of 4D's
method editor where the comments (until the first line of actual code)
are displayed as tool tips

(in case you did not know this last bit, as an example)

// My_method (text:username) -> longint : UserID
//code

in another method
/some code
my_method
    Tool tip: // My_method (text:username) -> longint : UserID

On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 00:35:57 +0000, Keisuke Miyako via 4D_Tech wrote:
> that's what I thought at first but then the "False" block already
> does that job.
>
>> 2017/08/10 7:58、Guy Algot via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com> のメール:
>> My guess… So you can click the triangle and hide everything in the header?

> FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
Gas is for washing parts
Alcohol is for drinkin'
Nitromethane is for racing