Hi Miyako,

Thank you for clarifying this.

My reason for asking is this :
We are using 4D for OCI to interact with an Oracle database
In our tables we have text columns (VARCHAR2) with length 255, text columns
with length 4000 and CLOBs
I was hoping that I could use the variable type property to determine if I am
dealing with a 255 or 4000 variable for example so I can prevent the user from
typing more characters than possible for the corresponding column

I know I can solve this with object naming for example "my_text_field",
"my_string_field" but I was thinking of another way
When I know the "subtype", I can then handle typing in the "On before keystroke"

Off course setting a max length field as property for an object would be the
ideal world.

Gr,

Piotr