David Adams:

> I've been asking about real-world use of object fields for quite some time

Here´s my real-world use:
I wrote an iPhone app that collects data (scans barcodes).
That data is in JSON format and transferred via HTTP to a 4D Server.
The server stores that data in an object field (which is never queried. It just
holds the collected data).
The beauty is: when I need to send additional data that I did not think of
while writing the app, I just stuff that data into the JSON along with the rest.
Of course the parsing routine on 4D Server has to be tweaked to make use of the
additional data, but that´s all that is needed.
I am quite happy with this approach.
The same would work with a text- or blob-field to store the data, but an object
field makes it a bit easier.

Greetings from Germany,
Bernd Fröhlich