> On Oct 8, 2017, at 5:53 PM, David Adams via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
> wrote:
>
> Oh, I forgot to say earlier about John's finding of ~2.1M messages being a
> kind of breaking point...that number may not be replicable in other tests.
> You might find a different number. The payloads in my scratch database are
> quite small. For all I know, if you made the payloads 10x bigger, you would
> crash with ~210K messages. I won't be testing this myself.

Why not test this. I added a bit of text to the log entry with the 2 million
calls set to run...

$text:=“”  No crash. Only an index number is being logged, ie, 1, 2, 3, etc.
$text:=“j”*16  No problem
$text:=“j”*32 Crashes near the end

Here is the kicker. If I am running interpreted with the Runtime Explorer open
it crashes very early and the Runtime Explorer throws an array range error on
occasion before 4D crashes. Sometimes with $text:=“j”*32 set it actually
completes, but if I try to open the Runtime Explorer, 4D crashes.

Now I ‘m thinking maybe it’s not the worker queue limit per say but a memory
leak associated with the worker and/or it’s queue.

John

John Baughman
Kailua, Hawaii
(808) 262-0328