have a "cron" utility
a process that has a list (records, array, whatever) of all processes
that are deamons
have it wake the deamon as appropriate using Call process.

All deamons use Pause Process, rather then delay to sleep.

ex:
Cron:

Repeat
Process count := number of processes to manage

 for($i;Process count)

  if (time_to_wake_process($i))
   call process (Deamon_Process_IDs{$i}
  end if
 end for
 delay process current process, 1 minute, or whatever)
until(Quit4D)

On Mon, 16 Oct 2017 10:20:49 -0600, Dave Nasralla via 4D_Tech wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> Ran into an odd issue. Like many of you have have a Cron Daemon to run
> daily tasks. Usually I have it wake up at least once a day.
>
> In one newer system, there was a job that only had to run once a
> month. I tried to delay the process for 30 days it is fails - like
> does not delay AT ALL.
>
> eg:
> C_LONGINT($Delay_vl)
> $Delay_vl:=30*24*60*60*60
>   //Days*Hours*Min*Sec*Ticks
>
> DELAY PROCESS(Current process;$Delay_vl)
> ALERT("Hello World")
>
> This is true for v15.4, v16R2 (on mac).
> The docs say it should be a real, but it fails whether a real or long
> integer.
>
> Am I missing something? (It does work as expected for shorter times.)
>
> dave
>
> --
> David Nasralla
> Clean Air Engineering