> Le 19 oct. 2017 à 18:25, Jeffrey Kain via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com> a
> écrit :
>
> Does anyone know the relative performance impact on a server of calling a
> QUERY wrapped inside a SET QUERY DESTINATION (Into Variable...), compared to
> calling Records In Table?
>
> If you had to do one a hundred times a minute or more, which would you
> choose? I'm guessing the server can get the record count of a table much
> faster than any type of query, but I haven't logged it or measured it yet.

Makes me remind an Olivier Deschanels' demo during last world tour, "the
backpack", because he used Records in table(s) as example.

Instead of direct calls to server to get that, he packs it in an object and
stores it in a "departure area". Then, when a "do it now" request must be send,
the content of the departure area is added and the whole stuff is send. On
server side, unpack, execute, pack, send back. Back to client, unpack.

I'd call that "the stowaway" instead, but you get the idea…

Of course it doesn't fit your need if the goal is a "real time" answer.

--
Arnaud