I have not yet looked at the plugin, but my idea was to let the OS
handle directory size calculations, on both platforms.

on Mac/Unix du -c returns text which looks something like this (desktop
folder size):
 27426552 <tab> /Users/<username>/Desktop

as I understand the DOS command 'dir', and my simple test in cmd.exe.
Dir <path> /S --- returns the current directory, and sub directories,
listing, with a total of ALL file and sub-directory sizes.
the last 3 lines of this (assuming the result is text) look like this:
     Total Files Listed:
            2678 File(s)  1,839,599,592 bytes
            2924 Dir(s)  369,796,022,272 bytes free

given that, it is simple to parse out the total directory size (2678
File(s)  1,839,599,592 bytes)

On Thu, 2 Nov 2017 08:42:38 +0000, Keisuke Miyako via 4D_Tech wrote:
> I looked up the internet, it turns out we really have to traverse the
> directory tree...
> given the atomic nature of LEP, it might not be the best way to
> calculate the total size of files in a folder.
>
> here is plugin with an option to abort:
>
> https://github.com/miyako/4d-plugin-get-folder-size

Gas is for washing parts
Alcohol is for drinkin'