Something that stood out in a recent thread about the definition of the
Relational Model was a statement that said related fields should contain
meaningful information.  This was a surprise, especially since the use of UUIDs
has been such a convenience.  I took 'meaningful' to imply 'user definable'
(with guidance of course), in spite of the headaches it can lead to.

Keith - CDI