Hi Pavel,

See if you can use LastDataPathLookup, ByAppPath:
http://doc.4d.com/4Dv16/4D/16/LastDataPathLookup.300-3130241.en.html

If you Build your application (app_sss.exe) using XML Keys, you:
- use v16
- set Compatibility option for Use New Architecture--see bottom of this page:
http://doc.4d.com/4Dv16/4D/16.1/Compatibility-page.300-3373287.en.html
- Build with the key above

This is a great solution for distribution.  Each target machine remembers each
Data File for each App.

There are other solutions (DateName=StructureName AND in-same-directory, Key
for DefaultDataFile) if _you_ control the target machine.

> On Nov 9, 2017, at 1:45 AM, Pavel Cerny via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Under WIndows I have 2 or more identical applications in different
> directories with different filename datafiles.
> For example :
> C:\A\app_sss.exe   C:\A\Database\app_sss.4DC and app_sss.4DD  - it is OK
> C:\B\app_sss.exe   C:\B\Database\app_sss.4DC and app_bbb.4DD - when I update
> the application, I always have to select the datafile again, can I set up
> for exe (4dc) which datafile to open?
>
> Thanks
> Pavel
>

> --
> Sent from: http://4d.1045681.n5.nabble.com/4D-Tech-f1376241.html

  • Re: 4DLINK Pavel Cerny via 4D_Tech
    • Re: 4DLINK Spencer Hinsdale via 4D_Tech