Thanks to all who responded to my request for help, both on and off line.

Thanks, Add, for posting hits on the 4D KB.  Unfortunately, the most promising
is accessible only to Partners.  The others I also found in my research, but
they proved not to be helpful.

Digging a bit deeper in the archives of this List, however, I did manage to
find some basic code - ironically in a couple of posts seeking help to debug
methods that did not appear to be working.  Nonetheless, they contained the
basic outlines of code to set the table, delete and insert columns, and set
headers and footers.  I have managed to build what I wanted from those
examples.  Happy to post demo DB if it would be of any interest to others on
the List.  Now I just have to figure out how to get the selected record to
display in an adjacent subform...

Add, it would be great if 4D's List Box Demo DB(s), which demonstrate a rich
array of appearance and configuration options, were enhanced by the addition of
a page demonstrating a simple interface for user management of data selection.
From my experience, this is not apparent from the documentation.

Thanks again, all.

Cheers!

Steven Prins