Thanks to those who’ve replied so far with this.

I’m using 4D 15.5 build 15.216758 on Mac OS X 10.13.1

I think that I’ve followed the instructions for creating a default data file -
I have a Default Data folder next to my .4db file, and this contains the
default data file (Default.4dd, Default.4Dindx and Default.Match).

Having built the application, if I inspect the package contents, I see
Contents/Database and this contains my 4DC compiled application, with the
populated Default Data folder alongside it.

However, I cannot make this application run at all. It tells me that the data
file is locked and it’s impossible to open the database. The only way it will
open is if I put a data file in the same folder as the built application,

So it looks like the data file which is wrapped up inside the application can’t
be used, even though no write access is required.

I haven’t got as far as signing my application - I didn’t think I needed to do
this, as I am simply copying the application directly to individual computers
on the network. I usually use Remote Desktop to copy the built application to
all computers on the LAN.

Hope someone can help further with this.

Cheers

James Knight
Waveney River Centre

ja...@waveneyrivercentre.co.uk <mailto:ja...@waveneyrivercentre.co.uk>