On 28 Dec 2017, at 15:57, Arnaud de Montard via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
wrote:

>> Le 28 déc. 2017 à 14:35, Jeremy Roussak via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com> a
>> écrit :
>>
>> Is there an alternative way of doing what I’m trying to get done? I’m using
>> SET WINDOW RECT because it’s very fast and it doesn’t require a pass through
>> the event loop, which ended up being very slow.
>
> I remember having found SET WINDOW RECT too slow to be used on mac - 4D 2003,
> a long long time ago…
>
> Did you try RESIZE FORM WINDOW instead?

Arnaud,

The problem isn’t speed: SET WINDOW RECT is plenty fast enough and the
animation, such as it is, works nicely. The problem is that in v16 the window
contents move with the *bottom* of the window, rather than staying put,
anchored to the top as in v14 (and as, I think, was obviously right). I think
that RESIZE FORM WINDOW doesn’t have effect until the next pass through the
event loop, and was far too slow.

> On 28 Dec 2017, at 20:11, B.Bippus via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:
>
> Maybe this is helping: Sometimes there are some Form-Objects outside the
> visible Area at the Form. Make sure they are _not_ below the "imaginary"
> horizontal line of the Form-Objects and Form-Parts you are moving via Code.
>
> Bernd

Bernd,

I’m not moving any objects in code. All I’m doing it resizing the window when I
switch pages.

Jeremy

Jeremy Roussak
j...@mac.com