Arnaud and everyone responding,

Thanks to all for the helpful tips.

> On 5 Jan 2018, at 05:37 AEDT, Arnaud de Montard via 4D_Tech
> <4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:
>
> It sounds like you're not logged in as designer or developer licence is
> missing.
> I recommend to set the primary keys before, if it's not done already.

So, it wasn’t a license issue at all (got the numbers from v2 to v16  😎 )!

It had something to do with a combination of my ignorance of the changes in
regards to user/design - environment, never using the 4D-login/password-sheme,
bad old plugins/components, carelessness  ect.

I’m on track again!

Thanks again for all the help and tipps provided.

Cheer
Jörg