I agree it's worthwhile. Many of you will recall this hasn't always been my
quietly held opinion.

The biggest thing that changed? I actually started going to them.

The biggest benefits for me personally have been making personal
connections with people in the company and other developers. On the
technical side it's a great opportunity to be introduced to new
capabilities in the platform and see what other people are doing with 4D.
We are a small community so opportunities like this aren't as available as
other platforms. And it's particularly easy to get stuck in one way of
thinking about how to use 4D or doing something when the technology has
progressed and new options and tools have developed. Summits and the World
Tour are excellent opportunities to be challenged, inspired and informed.

I think the cost is consistent with 4D's approach to pricing in general.
Travel and lodging can make it a little pricy but again it's not out of
line.

If you use 4D in a business context, have the time and budget I think it's
worth it. At least they have been for me for the past eight or nine years.

I must note that I am a presenter this year as well.

Kirk Brooks
San Francisco, CA

*We go vote - they go home*