I have been running Mac OS X 10.6.8 on VMWare Fusion for a long time now.
Still running some legacy software, including 4D 2004 apps, on an OS X 10.10
iMac.  The only trick is that one has to set it up with 10.6.8 Server.  Tried
to save some money and do the same on Virtual Box, but had to jury-rig command
lines and found it very frustrating at the time.  So I just shelled out the
dough for Fusion.  Worked great right out of the box.  VB may have gotten
better in this regard since.  Someone else on the List might be able to speak
to this.  But I have had no problems with Fusion and OS X Server 10.6.8.

Steven Prins
Santa Fe, NM