On Feb 14, 2018, at 2:00 PM,Herr Alexander Heintz wrote:

>>> Most likely a wrapper for 4 lines of SVG code…
>>
>> Was SVG around 157 month ago?
>
> SVG as a format?
> Most likely
> in 4D, I don’t think so…
> But why not use SVG if available?
> Its blinding fast

What Jörg is talking about is some code JPR wrote that would create Macintosh
PICT format pictures creating them byte by byte. It was a very clever idea. He
had to learn the format and structure of a PICT file and then create 4D code
that would do the work of creating the bytes to make it into a legitimate
picture that 4D could display using QuickTime.

I believe he did something similar when he created “DataAnalyzer” that would
map out a 4D data file and create picture of what was stored where. I think he
created the picture for that pixel by pixel, byte by byte for that too. Pretty
amazing.

I would abandon trying to use this now as 4D has depreciated the PICT picture
format. I agree with Alexander that SVG would be a better solution.

Tim

Tim Nevels
timnev...@mac.com <mailto:timnev...@mac.com>
Innovative Solutions