They are in an alpha format, like this:

11/14/2018-11/16/2018

and I need to sort on the first date. So I can copy that to a Date field.
If I copy it to an alpha field it will look OK but won't sort correctly.

PB

On 24 February 2018 at 00:19, Jeremy French via 4D_Tech <
4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

> What is the field type in which the dates are stored? Date or alpha?
>

> > On Feb 23, 2018, at 6:51 PM, Pat Bensky via 4D_Tech <
> 4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:
> >
> > Using v16 ...
> >
> > I am in the UK I'm working on a publishing project for a customer in the
> > US. Part of the project requires certain data to be sorted by date. So I
> > need them to be sorted in the US date format (mm/dd/yyyy) instead of the
> UK
> > format (dd/mm/yyyy).
> >
> > Is there a way to temporarily override the system date format?
> >
> > Otherwise I can create 3 separate fields for day, month, year, and sort
> on
> > those, but if there is a simpler way to do it ...

CatBase - Top Dog in Data Publishing
tel: +44 (0) 207 118 7889
w: http://www.catbase.com
skype: pat.bensky