Hi Robert,

If you were referring to a thread I started a while back, yes, I use
to use Time Machine to back up data files and NO you shouldn't do that
:-). I still use TimeMachine to back up the 4D Server, but explicitly
exclude the datafiles by adding them to the excluded file list in the
Time Machine options.

I do run the built in backup every night and in my "On Backup Startup"
I make a copy of the journal file to another location so I can use the
uncompressed journal files for change histories on tables and fields
(using LogTools by Tony Ringsmuth - http://bbsp.com/)

dave

On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 12:18 PM, Robert C. Faucett via 4D_Tech
<4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks - I'm running Mac OS 10.13.3 and 4D v16.3 and am hoping to restore
> from a Time Machine backup, but . . .
>
> In every Time Machine "snapshot" I have the .4DD & .4DB files show a "Date
> modified" of 3/2 (which is a week ago).
>
> Writing b/c it looks like Dave some how had it working.  Any advice?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Rob
>

> --
> Robert C. Faucett