If I understand you correctly, you have 3 subforms visible and want them to
remain visible when you make a 4th subform visible on top of them? However,
when you open the form and click the button to make it visible it appears
behind the other 3 forms.

I just tested the above scenario and after in design mode I move the 4th
subform to the front with Move To Front (control-F) then run it, the 4th
subform displays in front. If I move it to the back with Move To Back
(control-B) in design mode, it properly opens behind the other subforms when
run.

Are you sure that you in fact moved the 4th subform to the front while in
design mode?

John

> On Mar 19, 2018, at 3:02 AM, Randy Jaynes via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
> wrote:
>
> I have a form with 3 subform container objects sitting on top of each other.
> I just use OBJECT SET VISIBLE to hide the ones that don’t need to be seen at
> the moment.
>
> They all occupy the same space on the parent form, so because I hide the 2
> not needed, the ordering on the form does not matter.
>
> I use a tab to control which one is visible at the moment. Your buttons could
> serve the same purpose.
>
> Randy

> Randy Jaynes
> Senior Programmer and Customer Support
>
> http://printpoint.com <http://printpoint.com/> • 845.687.3741 • PrintPoint,
> Inc • 57 Ludlow Lane • Palisades, NY 10964
> Please send all email contacts to supp...@printpoint.com
> <mailto:supp...@printpoint.com>
>

>> On Mar 19, 2018, at 4:40 AM, Piotr Chabot Stadhouders via 4D_Tech
>> <4d_tech@lists.4d.com <mailto:4d_tech@lists.4d.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a form with a couple of subforms on it
>> Now I want to add another subform, that is on top of 3 others, and becomes
>> visible when pressing a button
>> You can see it as a kind of popup viewer
>> Because the subform must show in front of the others, in design mode I put
>> the subform container to the front
>> However, when I save the form the subform container disappears to the back
>> again
>>
>> Are there known problems putting subforms on top of each other?
>>
>> Gr,
>>
>> Piotr

>> 4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
>> FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html <http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html>