I am trying to get code that was posted in 2012 by Peter Lerch here:

http://4d.1045681.n5.nabble.com/Playing-nice-with-Launch-External-Process-td
5715184.html

to function on Windows 10 running 4D v16.3.

From what I can tell using the " _4D_OPTION_STOP_TOKEN" as parameter one of
SET ENVIRONMENT VARIABLE is not functioning on Windows.

Does anyone have any proof that a stop token is ever created?  I have not
seen one.

I wish to use the SET ENVIRONMENT
VARIABLE("_4D_OPTION_BLOCKING_EXTERNAL_PROCESS";"false") option to control
the locking up of 4D, but need a waiting system.  Peter's code looked
perfect the job, but maybe only functions on a Mac?

TIA,

David