On Apr 20, 2018, at 5:45 PM, Chip Scheide via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
wrote:

> Trying to rename a file.
[snip]
> when I execute the below line of (LEP) code I get a permissions error
> mv /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/Users/chip/Desktop/_Test\ File\
> move/Some_Win_Name.txt2 Testing.txt
>
> the exact error:
> mv: rename /Volumes/Macintosh HD/Users/chip/Desktop/_Test File
> move/Some_Win_Name.txt2 to Testing.txt: Permission denied\n

Have you tried specifying the full destination path? With the path specified as
just filename it will probably to the current working directory (I.e. as if you
specified “./Testing.txt”), which is probably different in Terminal and 4D/LEP.
 Chances are you don’t have write permissions in the 4D/LEP current working
directory. You can test that theory using the pwd command.

Jim Crate