> On Apr 27, 2018, at 12:17 PM, Bob Miller via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
> wrote:
>
> RE> I don?t have a macro for you, but I?m curious to know why asking the
> compiler to check the syntax isn?t enough?

Another reason is that for some usages of a local variable starting with one of
the 16 R releases, the compiler ignores the variable wrt typing and 4D will
throw an unknown variable type error at run time. Prior versions of 4D had no
problem with these undeclared variables. Case in point....

       SET QUERRY DESTINATION (Into variable;$found)

These are not that hard to find and fix, but yet another good reason to have a
means to easily find undeclared locals

John

Sent from my iPad
John Baughman