it did not "go away", at least in 32-bit versions,
but you'd need to put the RSR file inside your resources folder.
(until 2004, they could be placed adjacent to the structure folder)

http://doc.4d.com/4Dv16R4/4D/16-R4/Deprecated-or-removed-features-in-v16-product-range.200-3425465.en.html

jump to "Mac Resources"

at some point, you'd want to convert your STR# resources to an XLIFF file,
where the group ID and resource ID matches that of the old STR#.

then, you won't have to change anything in your code or form,
the "15001,1" syntax (as well as STRING LIST TO ARRAY) will continue to work.

see also

http://kb.4d.com/assetid=76783