Chip,

Thank you for the input.  I am trying to build to what people expect.  My
target market in this instance is trading exchange users crypto exchanges in
particular.  In this market 2FA is used extensively as a secondary or tertiary
security level.  As example Binance but may others use 2FA linked with Google
authenticator so my potential user base will already have an app for that and
just need to add a new site entry.

Duo looks to be a good product but does not seem to fit the use case as far as
I can see.  It is more for corporate use and is priced by user, which would
make it expensive for a general web solution.  It would be like using 4D Mobile
REST services and having to pay for all the licenses that could entailand not
knowing how many people could hit your website at a given time...

I am looking at Authy as well although I do not yet understand the real
differences.  So I am going to read through:
https://blog.devolutions.net/2016/10/most-popular-2-factor-authentication-2fa-compared
and see if I can educate myself.

It seems, regardless of the app used by the end user, the work in 4D would be
about the same as the process is to generate a matching time sensitive key
against which to match.  I have been looking at
https://www.codementor.io/slavko/google-two-step-authentication-otp-generation-du1082vho

But I got a bit stuck at Step C: as I did not understand what was required.

Regards,  Dougie

telekinetix Limited- J. Douglas Cryer
Phone : 01234 761759  Mobile : 07973 675 218
2nd Floor Broadway House, 4-6 The Broadway, Bedford MK40 2TE
Email : jdcr...@telekinetix.com  Web : http://www.telekinetix.com
<http://www.telekinetix.com/>