was it ever documented that "SET ENTERABLE(False)" should also render the
object invisible?

64-bit version of 4D on Mac is Cocoa, as opposed to 32-bit which is Carbon.
The UI was recreated from the ground up, based on what the specification
(=documentation) dictates.
Any undocumented or serendipitous, consequential behaviour would have been
eliminated in the process.
(reason why one should not take too much advantage of undocumented behaviour)

Also, 4D no longer draws pixels to create a bitmap of a list form, but rather,
requests Cocoa to update sub views of the window view hierarchy,
and lets the framework do its own optimisation to create the final result.